Thursday, April 16, 2015

Everyone was surprised that I drove six hours to come to my aunt's birthday party.  I wouldn't have missed it.  It was wonderful to see all my family.  She has six children and they were all there.  Pat, Terry, Kathy, Marilyn, Mike and Jimmy.  There was a little boy running around that I knew was a direct descendant of my uncle Harvey.  Same mouth.  Same smile.  Sebastion.  Mike and Gayle's son.  Absolutely darling.  Isn't family great!!!

And quite a few of them read this blog.  I am flattered.  People that you never see caring enough to tune into a blog.

Genesis 12:1a, 3  "Now the Lord said to Abram...I will bless those who bless you, and the one who curses you, I will curse.  And in you all the families of the earth shall be blessed."  I've certainly been blessed.

In the 107th Psalm, we have a list of all the things that God does for his children.  It starts by saying, "Oh give thanks to the Lord for He is good; for his loving kindness is everlasting, Let the redeemed of the Lord say so..."  and in vs. 41-43 he ends by saying "He..makes his families like a flock, The upright see it and are glad...consider the loving-kindness of the Lord."

Our family is like a flock.  We are "Swans."  We come from a long line of Swans.  When I was growing up, there was a lady in Pryor that called me her "Little Cygnet" every time she saw me.  She would say, "You are destined to be beautiful.  You will be graceful.  You are a Swan."

I don't know if I met her expectations, but I always felt beautiful because of my name.  Even when I was an ugly duckling.

No comments:

Post a Comment