Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Today I saw some light at the end of the tunnel.  The tile went down in the bath and kitchen and utility room.  Thank goodness for progress.

I have been teaching this particular  Bible class at the church for four years.  The only thing  I have asked them to do, that I have tried to teach them is to say,  is "God Bless You," when they go through a fast food line or a grocery check out.  It is such a small thing to do and it blesses people.  Those who don't like it just look a you--and that gives you a chance to smile.  Everybody needs a smile.

I don't know if any of them have developed the habit.  But I have.  It just comes automatically now.  I reach for my food or my check out ticket and say, "God bless you."  It blesses me.

One of the benefits of teaching a Bible class is that I have to (Have To) study.  If I weren't the teacher, I would just read the lesson and sit and soak.  Study has forced me to learn and retain much more than if I were a student.  And that's been good for me.  I've learned a lot.

But reading for my own pleasure is my favorite method of Bible study.  If you aren't reading the Bible you are missing a great blessing.  It is God's method of carrying on a conversation with you.

Every time I read it, I find new meaning.  Something that I have read many times before says something new to me.  If you don't understand what you are reading, move on.  Someday that passage will make sense.  I personally think you ought to read the letters in the New Testament first.  They are short.  Then everybody should read at least one of the gospels.  (Matthew, Mark, Luke or John--the stories of what Jesus said and did.)  You might want to move on to the book of Acts.  It is a history of what happened to the disciples after Jesus died.  Very interesting.  Don't mess with the hard stuff if you are a new reader.  Read what speaks to you.  Just read.






No comments:

Post a Comment