Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Everyone has verses in the Bible that are especially encouraging to them.  Here is one of mine.

Hebrews 11:6  "But without faith, it is impossible to please him: for he that comes to God must believe that he is.  and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him."

I want the rewards that only God can give.  The prerequisite for that to happen is that I must diligently seek him.  Diligently.  Daily.  Wherever I am.

And I truly  want to please him. The verse says that without faith it is impossible to please God.  I want my life to reflect the attributes that only Christ within me can explain.  My human nature isn't always pleasing.  I keep working on it.

All of that is conditional on the fact that you must believe that "God Is."   The verse says that if you are going to pray to God, you must actually believe that he is.  That he exists.  It's not a "Just in Case Insurance Policy" that you use--hoping that there really is a God.  Believing that he exists is a prerequisite to prayer.

It is a little passage with a lot to say about God and our relationship with him.  I am amazed how many people believe in an abstract God instead of a personal one.  He is your God.  He loves you.  He made you for fellowship with him.  He is on your side.  He is not just waiting on you to make a mistake so that he can whack you.  He is waiting on you to speak to him.

God is an ever-present friend in times of trouble.  Psalms 37:39 "...the salvation of the righteous is of the Lord: he is their strength in times of trouble."

No comments:

Post a Comment