Friday, November 24, 2017

The best thing about Thanksgiving is family.  Ours has a reunion every other year at Thanksgiving and everyone knows what food item they are supposed to bring.  We usually have between 28 and 40.  Never less than 25.  You think it is going to be chaos, but at the last minute, everyone puts what they brought on the table and there is a feast.  Two turkeys and a ham.  Becky always bakes 8 pies.  And makes crust from scratch which is heavenly.  Carolyn sent pecans from her tree for the pecan pie.  Fresh.  So good.  My job is to make dressing and giblet gravy for all those people.

I had people sleeping in all the beds and on the sofas last night.  So did Becky.  We both have four bedrooms, so that was a lot of people that stayed.  Fun.  I love it.  It's the best weekend of the year for me.  I get to have all my people interacting with each other.  And as long as I can keep the Democrats and the Republicans in different rooms, it stays peaceful.

And they all are Christians--for which I am eternally grateful.

I'll get back to writing on Monday when everyone here has gone home.

God bless you and yours.



No comments:

Post a Comment