Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving!!  And do I have something to be thankful for--in spades.  I woke up at 4:30 this morning, fixed my tea and sat down to do the crossword.  And the electricity went off.  Talk about pitch black.  I was sitting in my chair and had to feel my way along in the darkness to get back where I keep the flashlights.  Then I had to figure out where the candles and matches were.

I tried to do the crossword by flashlight, gave up and about then, Squig came shivering up into my lap.  No heat.  I covered up with a coat and blanket in my chair, covered Squig up and he kept my hands warm.  He snuggled down and went to sleep.  Not me.  I started worrying about how I was going to do my part of Thanksgiving dinner without a cooktop.

Sometimes we forget about what we should be most thankful for until we don't have it.  Water--hot water, food in cans, electricity, ice.  Start there and then think car, gas, etc., good roads, (well, it is Oklahoma--so perhaps I should say "generally good roads.")  Then go through the list of things that work on your body: your eyes, ears, taste buds,  arms,  hands, legs and feet--all of which some people don't have.

The list is endless.  Hot air, cool air, a roof over your head.  Some people don't have those.

We are so awesomely blessed.  Praise God who from all blessings flow.

"Every good and every perfect gift is from above, and comes down from the Father of lights--in whom there is no variableness neither shadow of turning." James 1:17

 "In every thing give thanks, for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you."  1 Thessalonians 5:18

Have a thankful and blessed day.  You will be doing the will of God.


No comments:

Post a Comment