Tuesday, May 9, 2023

I started this blog to share what I learned about the creation story with those who wanted to know.  At the time, I was teaching seniors in high school who were being told that we had evolved.  Evolved from “what” no one knew, but it had the effect of causing our young people to doubt the Bible.  And if you doubt one part, it might cause you to doubt the rest.  It seemed important to me to “Know.”  

So I drove over to Oklahoma Military Academy, asked to enroll--and you can imagine what a turmoil that caused.  A woman!!  I reminded them that taxes paid for the academy and after a bit of constitutional  explanation, they were out of excuses and gave me a full scholarship.  The academy was now coed.  Them, and me.  Thirty years later they invited me back to speak to the graduation class about all of that struggle, how I did it, and how I became the first woman and first president of the Honor Society. (Those of you who know me would say “stubborn?”)

I took all of the science classes.  I had no idea about atoms, and molecules, and such.  Class after class...and because I couldn’t pay my loans...I kept going.  They had a rule that if you took 6 hours of credit, you didn’t have to pay them back until you graduated...so I kept changing my major so I wouldn’t graduate.   I was always one class away from graduation.  Comparative anatomy, organic chem. Bio-Chem, etc. and finally by accident had a double major in Pre-med and zoology.  I knew about the dinosaurs--a lot about the dinosaurs.  And began a booklet about them.  Which I gave away to anyone who was interested.  Where they fit into the Bible.

No comments:

Post a Comment