Wednesday, May 24, 2023

 I said this yesterday, but am still floating.  My class reunion is June 23.  My publisher is going to try and set up a signing date for my book there in Pryor on the 23 or 24th.  Corrections will have been made in the small errors in the book (by then) and those from a second run will be printed.

I have been amazed at the success of sales.  I made the Oklahoma best seller list at number five!  The other four were known authors including Tom Hanks for two different books--#1 and #3.  I am kind of floating.  

If you want a hard back, tell the Pryor book store to reserve it.  They don’t print many of those for a first time author.

If I sell a million books, I will make enough to keep the house in kleenex.  The publisher, printer, and bookstores get all but my one dollar!  Don’t try writing books to make money unless you are John Grisham.  I never did it for money anyway.  I just wanted to tell a story.

No comments:

Post a Comment