Tuesday, September 5, 2023

I must have told all of you--sometime in the past--about how Ken taught me too tie a bow.  Being a girl, you are supposed to know such things, but I could never get a bow to come out right. 

He said, “Would you like for me to show you how to do that?”  Always polite from the first day I met him.  

He stood behind me, reached around me to take both sides of the bow strings and said, “Hold the loose ties in each hand.  Cross the right tie over the left and then under.  Make a loop with the tie hanging down and hold it, and then wrap the right tie around and push it through with your thumb and tighten the bow.  Perfecto!

I’ve tied bows for my whole life and they are always perfect.  Who would ever have thought a Marine would know how to tie a bow.  They probably had regulation  bows for their combat boots?

No comments:

Post a Comment