Friday, September 1, 2023

 Posting on Fridays is always late.  Ann picks me up early, then I get home in time to let the dog out.  Then I go get my hair done--then come home and eat--and finally get around to writing around one o’clock.  And I am wondering why the word o’clock has a mark after the o?  Our language is just a bunch of words that we borrowed along the way from other nationalities.  Probably it is mostly English, but...

I finally got the paper I was writing on Moses edited.  Then sent it to Carolyn.  She is my master editor and rewriter.  If it doesn’t make sense to her, she will fix it.  That’s why her name is in the acknowledgments in the back of my book I published.

I imagine everyone who has seen “The Ten Commandments” movie pictures Moses as a hunk like Charlton Heston?  Well Moses wasn’t confident.  He had a hard time figuring out who he was--Egyptian prince, or Jew.  He chose his Jewish heritage, killed an Egyptian, and lost both identities and ended up tending sheep on the backside of the desert.  Dirty job.  Bottom of the kinds of work in those days.  And they weren’t even his sheep.

No comments:

Post a Comment