Wednesday, February 14, 2024

Becky Bacon fell today and cut her head really bad.  She has a concussion and is really weak.  Pray for her.  The only good thing was that at the time, she was taking a donation check to the EMT’s, Firefighters, or Police--something like that--and the place was crammed with EMT’s who knew immediately what to do.  She said her clothing was so blood soaked that she threw everything away. 

I watch myself carefully anymore.  They say that the number one thing that older people do that is dangerous to their lives, is to fall.  

I received notice yesterday that my book “The Letter” has made the list for a national award.  This is so strange.  I am the same person as I’ve always been.  Nobody.  And then I turn 80 years old, write a book, and people read it.  and I’m having a hard time taking it all in.  Who would have ever thought such a thing?  I didn’t write it to sell books.  I wrote it for all of the people who were children back in the 60’s---and saw their parent walk out the door to go fight in a war that nobody wanted.   And get spit on when they came home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment