Friday, February 16, 2024

 Every time I leave the house, I have to Molly-proof it.  Her favorite target is cords.  Lamp cords, charging cords, house-robe sashes, etc.  She especially likes the cord on the electric blanket I keep on my chair to warm my feet and the electric blanket on the bed. So I have been taking her in the car with me when I leave the house so that I can contain her.  And she gets cold, but won’t let me put her sweater on her.  The only thing she isn’t interested in is shoes.  It makes me regret that I didn’t brag on Squig more while he was here.  He was such a good dog.  The only thing he ever ate was the the cover and first five or six pages of a leather Bible.  He was filled with the word of God.

I miss him.  He was calm.  Loving and tender hearted.  Molly is a mess.  But she is endearing in her own way.  Just stubborn.  She is growing on me.  When 6 PM rolls around, I say, Molly, go get in your bed.  And she goes and hops in her crate.  At 2 in the morning she needs to go out and when she comes back, I tell her, “You can get in the Mommie’s bed and she crawls under the cover, wiggles down to my feet and never moves again until I get up in the morning.  It’s the only time she is good.  We’re working on the rest of it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment