Monday, February 5, 2024

    The book signing on Saturday was a lot of fun.  Dozens of friends came to visit.  Becky Bacon--who knows that I love darjeeling tea brought a thermos of it, along with a porcelain cup for me to pour it into to drink.  She knows that I always (always) drink out of bone china.  No mugs for me--ever.  So I sipped tea and signed books.  
    Then Kathy Mitchell Davidson brought two pan of fresh baked rolls she baked that morning for me, because she knows my love of her bread.  I popped one out to eat with my tea and everyone in line wanted one...the pan got passed and Kathy was dubbed the bread queen.  I got home with a pan and a half.
    What did I ever do to deserve such friends?  It takes a life time.  And I regret moving to Edmond every time I visit Pryor.
    One fun thing is that when the stories start, you find out things that you never knew! About everybody.  Even about myself.  
    My brother came and everyone wanted him to sign the book as well.  He said, “I didn’t write this”  They answered, “The book is about your life!”  He relented and signed the books as well.    

No comments:

Post a Comment