Friday, June 14, 2013

Ken and I drove to Moore yesterday to see our children--first time since the tornados.  There are no words in the English language to describe it.  I looked at it on CNN, local stations, and Oklahoma stations and I thought I knew what it looked like.  I didn't.  The human suffering is horrible.  Miles and miles and miles of concrete slabs where there were once houses.  Everything is flat.

On the subject of suffering, Christ is in the garden praying.  He is about to be betrayed and die on the cross, when in Matthew 26: 39b, "…he fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me:  nevertheless not as I will, but as you will."

Plan A is about to happen and Jesus wants to know if there is a Plan B.  Some other way to redeem all of us--you and me.  Some other way that God could look on all of us and find us acceptable without a sacrifice for the sins we have committed.  Without the cross.

Jesus was human.  He didn't want to suffer.  I don't either. Neither do you.   But this is what he had come for,  and if that was the price for your and my redemption, He would do it.  Whatever God's will was.

Two things.

1.  Jesus wanted to do God's will.
2  He was willing to die for us.

"Greater love has no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."   John 15: 13

No comments:

Post a Comment