Thursday, June 20, 2013

My oldest son is off the wall funny.  You would never in a million years think that there was a serious side to him.  He is a hoot.  But he is also a serious student of the Bible.  He comes up with some of the most interesting things--things that I have never thought about.  He is a great Bible teacher because he studies, makes it fresh and real to life instead of dry and dusty.

Which makes me think of Proverbs 17:22  "A merry heart does good like a medicine: but a broken spirit dries the bones."  He certainly was endowed with a merry heart. Out of the dozens and dozens of people in my family, he is our only comic.

Last night he shared an interesting thought.  I had all the facts in my head that he had, but I had not put those facts together.  He said: "God revealed himself in only three ways.  As the cloud and fire that led the Israelites through the wilderness,  as the voice--the great "I AM",  and as the Holy Spirit--Jesus.

I think that might be right, (!!!)  but I am going to have to study some more.  That is what is so neat about Christian people.  They bounce ideas off of each other and then they go dig.   In 1965, a friend pointed out this verse:  Proverbs 27: 17  "Iron sharpens iron; so a man sharpens the countenance of his friend."

It's, true.  We sharpen each other.  That's what a "church" is.  People who gather together to sharpen each other. We mustn't let church simply become a ritual that we endure because it's the "right thing to do".

Keep on keeping on……but laugh a little.





No comments:

Post a Comment