Tuesday, June 25, 2013

 When my children were teenagers and left the house, I would always tell them to remember what their name was.  I wanted them to remember that wherever they went, and whatever they did,  it reflected on the entire family.  It wouldn't have been so bad if we had had a common name like 'Smith' or 'Brown', but we are the only family in town that has our name.

I wrote about being changed from the inside yesterday.   Everyone in this town knows that I am a Christian.  When I leave the house and go out into the world, I carry God's name.  I truly don't want to embarrass God.  That feeling about my behavior comes from inside me somewhere.  Not from some church or religious doctrine.

Proverbs 20:11 "Even a child is known by his doings, whether his work be pure, and whether it be right."

We need to be sure our "doings" don't embarrass our Father.  We need to be sure that our desire to do what is right comes from the inside out, not the outside in.






No comments:

Post a Comment