Wednesday, October 23, 2013

I don't know how I raised 4 children, taught at a Jr. College full time, drove 60 miles both ways every day, taught Sunday School at the church and cooked all our meals etc. etc.

Youth is wasted on the young.

Now I find myself wandering around wondering what I am doing.  As Ken always said, "Getting old is not for sissies."

1 Peter 2: 2 "As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word that you may grow thereby."  We have to eat to grow.  The thing is, you need to desire to eat.

I love food.  But now and then, I find the day is half gone and I have forgotten to eat.   That is not healthy for a person's body.  It's also not healthy for us to forget to eat spiritual food.  You get a bad case of spiritual anemia.

You can't quit reading God's word and expect to stay spiritually healthy.  You just have to be consistent and stay in there.  Read.  Eat, digest God's word.

My dog ate the leather cover off of one of my Bibles.  And the first chapter of Genesis.  That isn't what I mean by eating God's word.

 I have a very holy little dog.  And he was totally unrepentant.






No comments:

Post a Comment