Thursday, October 31, 2013

The new medication worked.  Ken is on dialysis now.  Thank you for praying.

In the middle of all this, my daughter Pat came to help me and brought her dog.  (Incidentally, Squig came through the surgery just fine).  I had to go to Tulsa for an appointment, and Pat came to stay with Ken.  When I got home, Pat ran out to the car to meet me and said, "Oh mother, something really horrible happened."

Of course I had visions of Ken falling again, (he broke a rib a few days ago)  or something worse.

"My dog ate daddy's teeth.  They are broken into  pieces."

God has a sense of humor.  In the middle of difficult times,  funny things happen.  Pat was so upset.  I told her that in the grand scheme of things that broken teeth were minor.  Our dentist had them fixed in two days.

1 Peter 2: 20  "For what glory is it, if when you are buffeted for your faults, you shall take it patiently?  But if, when you do well, and suffer for it, you take it patiently, this is acceptable with God."

Suffer.  Take it patiently.  In other words, God knows what is going on in our lives.  He knows what we are going through.  All of us will suffer in some way or another.  It's nice to know that if we do it well, that it is acceptable to God.

Ken is doing it well.  I have no idea how he does it.

1 comment:

  1. Riley told me that Daddy's teeth tasted like the pulled pork that was on the plate and he thought they were a bone.

    ReplyDelete