Monday, October 21, 2013

I have always liked mazes, puzzles, cryptograms and anything to do with solving problems.  When we took those tests that they gave us when we started school, where you had to look at a multi sided object from one perspective and identify where it fit from another view point, I could "see" it.  I thought everyone could do that.  I loved to sew and figure out how the pieces went together.  If I wanted to change a sleeve or whatever, I figured out how to cut a new pattern.  I always loved Algebra, Calculus, Physics.  They are puzzles waiting to be solved.  I guess I'm a female nerd.

I get up every morning, put on my robe and houseshoes and go out and get the paper. And then I come in with the paper and work the Sudoku puzzle, Cryptograms, and blog.  In that order.  I always look up, raise my hands to the sky, and thank God for the weather, the clouds, the sunshine or moon and tell Him what a good job He did designing our world.  I am so thankful to be alive.  There is so much to be thankful for.  (This month it has been five years since I had surgery for breast cancer.  I survived)

Maybe my desire to work puzzles has something to do with why I love the Bible.  It is like a great big puzzle.  If you don't know what the prophets said,  you don't know what you are looking for as the story unfolds.  It's all tied together.  But like a puzzle, first, you get the outside edges.  Then you work on one color, or one shape, and then you find a connection between what you have put together and some other part within the puzzle.  It begins to make sense.  And finally the last piece falls into place.

Peter didn't quite get it.  He had a big moment, "You are the Christ…" and then he denied Christ, cut off someone's ear, and finally he quit the whole thing and went back to fishing.  The last piece of the puzzle for Peter was the resurrection.  Then he was able to see the picture.  All the pieces were in place.

1 Peter 1:8 "Whom (Jesus) you haven't seen, you love; in whom, though now you see him not, yet believing, you rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory:"  He's talking to you and me.  Us. Those of us who haven't seen Jesus.  Peter saw Christ and wanted to rejoice with all of us who have heard his story and believe.  Nothing is more miraculous  than a 180 degree turn around like Peter's life.



No comments:

Post a Comment