Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Peter and James couldn't be more different in their personalities.  James was very exact.  Peter was over the top exuberant.  Peter never did anything halfway.  When he wrote, he was full of adjectives.

1 Peter 1:3  "Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy has begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,"

First, he blesses God.  Not just God.   Not just Father.  But God and Father.  And then, not just Lord.  Not just Jesus.  And not just Christ.  But Lord, Jesus, and Christ.   I love the way he describes mercy:  Abundant mercy.  And the way he describes hope:  Lively hope.

And then he gives us the gospel.   "…by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead."  That is the historical event that ties the knot. The event that changed Peter's life.  Jesus was God.  He was the Christ.  He was the Messiah.  He is God.  He is the Messiah.  He is God.  He rose from the dead.  Top that!!!

I love Peter.  I identify with him.  I am impulsive.  I am outgoing. I am verbal.  I make mistakes.  I repent.   I am totally committed to the Lord Jesus Christ.  

When Peter got it right, he never turned back.  I can just see him returning to the sea to find some of his old buddies and telling them that Jesus had risen from the dead!!  Telling them how his friend Jesus had changed his life.  Those guys would have listened to him.  I doubt they would have listened to James.

There is someone out there that your personality will connect with.  Get going.  What do you have to lose.  You may save someone's  life.

No comments:

Post a Comment