Friday, April 18, 2014

Good Friday.  I have never understood why they call it good.  They killed Christ on that day.  I said "they," I should probably say "we." The Bible says that he willingly gave up his life for us.

When he was praying in the garden right before he was betrayed by Judas, He said to the Father (this is my modern interpretation of his words: "Oh, my Father.  Isn't there some other plan.  Do I have to go through this.  But if there isn't, not my will but thine be done."

He knew that he was going to the cross to bear all the sin of all time.  He knew he was the ultimate sacrificial lamb.

One of the worst things about the crucifixion--besides the painful agony--was when God turned away from his own son. Christ cried, "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?"  Jesus had lived his life dependent on the Father.  But as sin descended upon Christ, God, who cannot look upon sin, turned.  He then ripped the veil in the temple from the top to the bottom as Jesus cried again with a loud voice and yielded up his spirit.

It was done.  We can now go into the holy of holies behind the veil.  We can come to God.  We don't need a priest.  This is why we pray "In Jesus name."

This is why when we read in Revelation 21: 22 concerning heaven, "And I saw no temple there:  for the Lord God Almighty and Lamb are the temple of it."

Jesus called himself the "door," in John 10:9a " I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved…."  He is the way into eternal life.  One way.  No other plan, no other door, no other sacrifice.

Revelation 3: 20a "Behold, I stand at the door and knock: if anyone hears my voice, and opens the door, I will come into him…"  You have to open the door from the inside.  There isn't a doorknob on the outside.  All Jesus can do is knock.  And when you answer that voice, that summons, that moment your soul knows that God is calling you--don't be stupid.  Open the door.

No comments:

Post a Comment