Friday, April 25, 2014

I was seventy six years old in March.  I don't know where those years went.  They evaporated.  Yesterday I was sixteen worrying about what to wear to school the next day.  Life gets lived in pieces and bits and then it is behind you and you wish you had done a better job of living it.

You are living your life right now.  Yesterday I challenged you to share the gospel with someone by investing your time in them.  You can always find something to say about how good God is.

On the first of May, it will be five years since I finished chemo and radiation for breast cancer.  I survived.  By the grace of God.  But if I hadn't survived, that would have been by the grace of God as well.  God has plans for us.  Who knows what the plan for my life this next year will be.  I don't have a clue.  Right now, I am writing to all of you.   That seems to be enough.

We live our lives one day at a time.  Include God, or when you are at the end of it, you will be scrambling to catch up.  And you really can't do that.  It's like building a friendship.  It takes time.  You have to give  it your attention.  You have to share, you have to listen.

John 13:34 "A new commandment I give unto you, That you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another.  By this shall all men know that you are my disciples, if you have love one to another."

These words were spoken by Jesus.  They don't in any way resemble the ten commandments given to Moses.  The commandment from Jesus is new.  Because, not only do we have to love each other, we have to do it like he did it.

Selflessly.




No comments:

Post a Comment