Wednesday, April 9, 2014

When I started writing this blog, I was only going to write about the book of Genesis.  Specifically about the creation and all the theories that are out there.  Yesterday I got my latest issue of Discover and a "new" theory is being proposed by Gemma Tarlach, a biologist.  He says that Darwin got it all wrong about natural selection and that evolution came about through molecular genetics.  He says that Darwin never proved the occurrence of natural selection in nature.

I find it interesting that everyone keeps coming up with these new theories.   All of them skirt the God factor.  The fact dinosaurs were for the most part wiped out about sixty-five million years ago by (most probably an asteroid) and that animals appear suddenly on the scene is a problem they haven't solved yet.  There wasn't enough time for all these animals that "we" have to evolve.

I say all that to say this:  The Bible is a reliable book.  It's truths never change.  When I started this blog, I told you that there are three Biblical points that people will use to try and destroy your faith.
1.  The virgin birth.  That's the one point that you can't argue.  We believe it was true because the rest of the Bible is remarkably and totally accurate.
2.  The creation story.  Go back and read my blogs on creation and the truth of the Biblical account.  I did my degree in zoology and pre-med so I'm not just whistling Dixie.
3.  The resurrection of Jesus Christ.  If you want to read the accounts of the resurrection, read the last chapters in Matthew, Mark, Luke and John.  Read Acts and Paul's account of the risen Jesus.  Read about all the people who saw him.  It is an account of an event in history that was viewed by more people than any other personal witness account that is on historical record.

We are going to celebrate Christ's resurrection soon.  Eternal Life.  That is a gift that God has given us because Jesus gave himself up for our sin and conquered death.  He is risen.

No comments:

Post a Comment