Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Are you a Christian?  I don't know who is reading this, so I have no way of knowing.  I hope you are, but if you aren't,  maybe something I have said will convince you to speak to God about it.  I want to spend eternity with all of you.  I want to meet you.  I don't see any way that will happen on this side of eternity.  And it won't happen if you haven't given your life to Christ.

Life is so short.  I wish I could go back and relive some of the things that have happened in my life.  I didn't absorb the joy of living those special occasions or recognizing that they were special as I was doing it!!  I just kept thinking about the problems of the day and what I was going to fix for supper and what was on my schedule for the next day.   Something wonderful happens, and then it passes.  Never to be revisited.  You go on to the next day.  To the next ball game.

That is why people my age treasure their memories so much.  You found the love of your life, you had children, then grandchildren and all the things that go with their lives.  You raise your children, help raise your grandchildren, you are busy--and then they are grown and gone.  And you aren't busy anymore.   It just happens one day.

Since Ken died,  I wake up each morning with nothing to do and go to bed each night with it half done.  I understand that this is a temporary condition.  That I will learn how to live this stage of my life in a different way.  I  work crossword puzzles, I go to swimming exercise classes.  But nothing big.  Or very important.  It seems such a shame to finally have all this free time and not to know what to do with it.  I want to do something useful--and I will--I just don't know what it is yet.

After I write, I always re-read what I have written--and I just did--and it sounds sad.  I don't mean for it to, I am just reflecting on my life.  Now, I write a blog, teach a Bible class and play the piano and marimba for my church.  For now it is enough.
You will reflect on your life someday.  Give it to God.  I am so glad that I did.  It has made all the difference.  I live with great peace.   And unspeakable joy for the blessings I have had in my life.

James 4:14 "You don't know what will happen tomorrow.  For what is your life?  It is a vapor  that appears for a little while and then vanishes." (My interpretation.)  Make your life count.




No comments:

Post a Comment