Monday, June 23, 2014


In the book of Romans, Romans 14: 1,3b,4 "Give a warm welcome to any brother (sister) who wants to join you, even though his faith is weak.  Don't criticize him for having different ideas from yours about what is right and wrong.  …For God has accepted them to be his children.  They are God's servants, not yours.  They are responsible to him, not to you.  Let him (God) tell them whether they are right or wrong…God is able to make them do as they should."

Why in the world have we become so critical of our Christian brothers and sisters?!!  Sometimes I believe that we kill the spirit of the wounded.  Paul was very clear in the letter to the Romans that we are to welcome people in whatever condition they are in and love them.

I don't know about you, but I love to be loved.  It is a tonic for the soul.  And I love the people who love me.  Don't you?  How can a person resist love.  And when I get a compliment, I glow.  

Scott tells me that some of you in Bartlesville are enjoying this.  Thank you for your encouragement.

My mom taught us to listen carefully and when someone says something nice about someone you know, pass it on to them.   I have tried to put her teaching into practice and when I pass a complement on, it feels really good to see someone's face light up.

And when you hear something nice about yourself, if you are like me, you find yourself wanting to live up to their opinion of you.  I find myself trying to do better.

As Christians, we are to bind up the hurt.  Lift up the weary.  Encourage the weak.  And above all, love each other.  Jesus himself told us:

St. John 13: 34-35  "A new commandment I give unto you, That you love one another; as I have loved you that you also love one another:  By his shall all men know that you are my disciples, if you have love one to another."



No comments:

Post a Comment