Monday, June 16, 2014

We believe the Bible because of fulfilled prophecy.  I find it interesting that when I watch Nova or the Discovery channels on TV, they are always using the Bible as a reference.  I also find it interesting that they seem to want to try to find the Biblical account in error--only to discover that it is exactly accurate over and over again.  We have based our eternal lives on the accuracy of the Bible.  It is a critical issue.

I remember being in London at a museum and seeing a series of walls that had been unearthed in the middle east.  They were elaborately covered with drawings of a battle progressing from scene to scene as the war proceeded.  Sennacherib was the winner of the fight.  The Bible records the battle.  The Old Testament writings are historically accurate and are now used by archeologists  in the middle east to look for, and validate their discoveries.

The world would like for you to doubt Biblical accounts.  That way, if any part of it is in doubt, you can't trust the rest of it.  When I started this blog, I told you that there were three main points on which you will be challenged.  The virgin birth, the resurrection, and the Genesis account.  Right now, the Genesis account is under attack.   I spent a month when I started this blog comparing the Biblical account with the scientific account.  You might want to go back and read that.  I found no error in the Biblical account when compared with scientific discovery.

I did find error in the way the outside world interpreted the Biblical account.  I also found error in the way Biblical scholars interpreted it.  My conclusion was that neither of them could read.  Or they were stuck on preconceived ideas concerning what the Bible actually says.

Jesus is the Messiah.  He is the Lamb of God, sent to be our atonement for sin.  He fulfills all prophecy.  You can trust the Bible.  It is God's word to us concerning our condition and his remedy.  Jesus.

The apostle Peter put it this way:  2 Peter 1:16  "For we have not followed cunningly devised fables when we made known to you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but were eyewitnesses…"  Peter, Paul, John and the others were changed men because of what they had seen.




No comments:

Post a Comment