Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Psalms 19:14  "Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in your sight, O Lord, my strength, and my redeemer."  Words.  Words.  Words.

Matthew 12:36 "But I (Jesus) say to you, that every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of Judgment.  For by by your words you shall be justified, and by your words you shall be condemned."

I am tired of hearing God's name trivialized.  Why do people use His name to swear by.  Or use Jesus name.  Or Christ.  I would love to hear the media use the name of Allah or Mohammed just once as a curse.  Equal opportunity blasphemy.  But of course, there is no power in those names.  You can only defame the name of God, because:  He is God.  He is the only God.

Jesus said , "I am the way…."  He didn't say that he was one of the ways.  He is the only way.  The only sacrificial Lamb.  No one else has ever stepped up to the plate and said I will die for the sins of the world.  For you.  For me.  It's personal.

Jesus said we will be judged by idle words.  We will be condemned by idle words.  That is serious.  Some people need to have their mouths washed out with soap.  I, for one, am sick of the language that seems to be common today.  As Christians our mouths need to be very, very careful.  We are the mouthpiece of God.  We speak for Him.  Who will listen to you if your mouth is filthy.  If you have no judgement in the way you speak.  They may laugh, but they won't take your Christianity seriously.

You can't use your mouth one way on Sunday in church, and another way when you leave.

James 3: 10  "Out of the same mouth proceeds blessing and cursing.  My brothers, these things ought not to be so."

These things ought not to be so.  Jesus said: Matthew 1234b"…out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaks."  Garbage in, garbage out.



No comments:

Post a Comment