Wednesday, January 28, 2015

The house I signed a contract on didn't pass structural inspection.  I had gone to Edmond to sign papers, but ended up looking at other places.  I am now waiting on disclosures.  But flustered (as Pat put it when she blogged for me) doesn't cover it.  I left Edmond without writing something, and forgot  my Mac, and Bo's pills--which I didn't realize until eight o'clock that evening after I got home.

I called my brother to fill a prescription for Bo and thought Bo would be alright until the pharmacy opened the next morning.  He wasn't.  He had a seizure in the night.

I had decided that if that happened again, that I would know that the time was here to put him down.  (He was fourteen years old.)  The seizures are horrific.  So Saturday, at 7:30 that morning, I took him to the vet.  It is one of the hardest things I have ever done.  When they gave him a sedative, he seized again.  It was really awful.  I spent the day crying and feeling like the whole thing was my fault because I forgot his medicine.  And then I spent the entire weekend so sad because he was gone.  He was Ken's dog and it was like another piece of Ken was gone.  But it was time.  He had suffered long enough and the medications made him very lethargic.   A lose, lose situation.

Squig is a little lost without him.  He keeps looking for Bo.  But I am not going to get another dog.  One is enough.  Losing them is too painful.

God designed a perfect friend for humans.  A dog doesn't ask for very much, and gives such devoted love and affection.








No comments:

Post a Comment