Monday, January 12, 2015

The other day, I stopped at a stop sign and Squig--who was in the back of the car--wasn't paying attention.  I heard a thud but no yelp so I figured everything was okay.  But when I got home and started unloading groceries, I noticed that there were bloody paw prints all over the car.  He had torn a paw nail loose and never made a sound.  No complaints.

And then he started licking his paw.  Over and over and over.  I sprayed it with pain killer and antibiotics to help it heal faster but he just wouldn't leave it alone.  It was driving me nuts.  This went on for days.  But he never complained a single time.  I think I was more upset than he was.

Animals and humans have this wonderful God-given ability to heal.  And sometimes, when they don't get better, the world--that God has made--yields compounds and plants that can be formulated into medicines that will do the job of healing.

And then there are those times that go beyond what the body and medicine can do.  Those times require Divine intervention.  That's when we start praying.

Phillipians 4:6 "...in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God."

 I don't have a clue what God is going to do at times like that.  But I pray anyway.  "For I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, there with to be content."  Phillipians 4:11b

I have seen miraculous healings.  I have seen illnesses that you have to live with.  I am definitely not one of those people who think that if you don't get what you ask for that there is something wrong with your faith.  God is going to do what God is going to do.  Ask anyway.  There are times in the Bible in which He changes his mind based on the prayer of the people.

No comments:

Post a Comment