Wednesday, January 14, 2015

The last time I moved, it took two hours.  Really.  I had packed all the boxes with our junk and labeled them during the weeks before.  So they were sitting there on moving day ready to go.

Ken and I were teaching a couple's class and they had volunteered to move us.  So the morning of the move, around 25 people showed up with coffee, donuts,  a U-Haul and pickups and SUV's.  Everyone took a room, emptied it and took off.  Each person put all of what they moved in the appropriate room in our new home.  Three of the women stayed behind and vacuumed the house and cleaned up all the trash.  Ken and I didn't have to do anything.

Two hours later, the old house was empty.  The new house was full.  And one of the members--Kathy Mitchell--served everyone lunch.  It was a party.  And was a lot of fun.  Everyone had a really good time.  And Ken and I were so very thankful.

That's what Christian friends do.  They help each other.  I think back on that day and am amazed that so many people volunteered to help us.  They were blessed.  We were blessed even more.

God is good.  He provides what you need when you need it.

The women in that group were discussing that I was going to move again and said they would help me pack.  I can do that myself.  But isn't it nice that they would volunteer to do all that again!!!  

Proverbs 17:17  "A friend loves at all times..."
Proverbs 119:63  I am a friend of all those that fear You, and of those that keep your precepts."

I am leaving all of those friends behind me in Pryor.  It is so sad.  But it is the right thing for me to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment