Friday, September 18, 2015

I got interested in the creation story that is recorded in the Bible back in 1966 when the Bible was first under attack in the schools.  I was teaching a group of senior girls who had questions that I couldn't answer.  It was no longer good enough to accept the story on faith--they were being buffeted by ridicule.  Darwin's "Theory of Evolution" was accepted as fact by science, and the Bible story was labeled as a myth.  As folklore.

So I decided to go to college and find out what was going on.  I was twenty-eight years old, and had never been to college.  I had been raising children for ten years.  So I went.  I took all the science classes that were offered.  I cut up sharks, monkeys, etc.  And pinned them and did all the comparisons of the composite parts.  I noted the similarities, and the differences.  I did it all, and graduated with three degrees (after my master's).  Pre-med, Zoology, and math.

And then, with the assumption that the Bible was true in all of its parts, I began to rectify the known facts of science (not theories) with what the Bible had to say.  I read everything I could find on the subject.  And finally was satisfied that the record in Genesis was completely true--but that very few people take the time to examine the words--and what they mean.

Three words in particular change everything.  The first is "Create"--which is used three times.  The second is "Made," and the third is "Let."  The definition of those words as translated from the Hebrew is pretty critical.

The word "create" as translated means to take nothing and make something perfect.
The word "made" means to take something--and turn it into something else.
The word "let" means for things to take an allowed course.

Genesis 1:1 "In the beginning, God created the heaven and the earth."  He took nothing and made a perfect something.  What was it????

Continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment