Friday, September 11, 2015

This week has been a bummer.  The Pryor realtor called and said she was sending me papers--that she had sold my house there.  Three days later she called and said the buyer backed out.  I was so disappointed. Yes, I put it in God's hands--but then I take it back.  I'm working on that.

Then night before last, I was awakened at four in the morning with a banging on my roof.  I thought someone was breaking in.  It was really, really loud.  I called the police--they came--and found nothing.  Five minutes after the police left, it started again.  I decided it must be in the attic.  Sure enough, I have a raccoon in my attic.

So I called animal control, and three hundred dollars later, I still have a raccoon in my attic.  He really went to town the next night--banging around.  The exterminator put a baited trap in the attic and an escape tube in the eaves.  But wouldn't you know it, I got a "smart" critter.  He isn't interested in a baited trap.  And he must be afraid of the escape tube.   Problem is, he has no water, and no food.  So he is going to die up there and then my house will not be habitable I fear.

The exterminator found where the critter got in, and nailed it shut it.  So that is good news.

In the last chapter of Revelation, the second verse, a street and a river are described.  "In the midst of it, and on either side of the river, there was the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations."

I started thinking of the twelve fruits that I want.  First would be mangos.  Then peaches from Rome, Georgia--there's a reason girls are called Georgia peaches--they are so sweet.  Then bananas.  I love lemons and limes.  Kiwi and oranges.  Is a pecan a fruit?  I hope so.  Hazelnuts, walnuts, Brazil nuts.  I'm not an apple lover, but I am sure they will be there.

In heaven when we bake a fruit pie, we can use lard, not shortening.  Nobody uses lard anymore for their pie crusts, but if you have ever eaten a crust made with lard, you will know you are in heaven.



No comments:

Post a Comment