Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Rev. 20:12-13b "And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.... and they were judged every man according to their works."

I wish I knew exactly what kind of works counted.  I'd get busy doing more of them.  I guess they will fall under loving your neighbor as yourself.  Doing those things that help others.  Kindness.  Giving to those in need.  Helping the sick. And probably there will be works of worship.  Those times we sincerely connected to God, or tried.

Suffice to say, all the silly things we do to amuse ourselves won't be in the book.  Think about how much time we waste doing things that don't count.  Not that those things are bad, but we should always be looking for opportunities that do count to God.

I'm glad that Jesus is going to step up and say, "I've covered her sin.  I died for it."  Otherwise, I would be without hope.  We all would.  Praise God for His Son who takes away the sin of the world.

You can tell that I have skipped all the wars, punishments, etc. that come to earth.  You can read that yourself.  There are 22 chapters in Revelation, and chapter 20 ends this way:  Rev. 20:14-15 "And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire.  This is the second death.  And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire."

Fearing God is the beginning of wisdom.  That's what David said in the book of Psalms.  God is not a fluffy  figure with a staff in his hand sitting on a throne.  He is the creator of the universe.  We, on the other hand are small.  Insignificant.  But he loves us and wants us to be with him forever.  Really, that is unbelievable.  But God does not lie, and he says it is true.  So we can trust his words.

No comments:

Post a Comment