Tuesday, September 1, 2015

My friend Carolyn told me that in Revelation that there are fifty-five "sevens" and five sevenths.  I certainly am not the researcher that she is so I will definitely take her word for it.

Before the seven churches are introduced, right at the beginning, we are told what some of it means.  Rev. 1:20 "The mystery of the seven stars which you saw in my right hand, and the seven golden candlesticks.  The seven stars are the angels of the seven churches: and the seven candlesticks which you saw are the seven churches."

I love how John introduced what all he was going to say.  1:10 "I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day and heard behind me a great voice...saying I am the Alpha and Omega, the first and last.  What you see, write in a book, and send it to the seven churches."

There is a scripture that says, "I was glad when they said unto me, let us go into the house of the Lord."  Psalms 122:1  I can compare how I feel when I get ready to go to worship to "Being in the Spirit on the Lord's day."  Some days I am just more spiritual than others.

John had spent weeks, maybe years exiled on Patmos when he had this vision.  I am sure he was deeply encouraged to be in the Spirit.  I am impressed that he knew what day of the week it was.  He was ready for God to speak to speak to him.  He had "pen and paper" ready to record his vision.

After he tells the seven churches what God has found wrong in their lives, he ends by telling them: "Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me." Rev. 3:20

Jesus is knocking.  The doorknob is on your side of the door.  Open it!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment