Thursday, September 17, 2015

Well, I didn't take one prop, I took a bunch of them.  A picture of Ken, one of my children, and a picture of a plane Ken flew during the crisis with Russia over placing rockets in Cuba.  (He was carrying weapons--as were all the guys in the squadron--that were as bad as it can get.  I would say what, but don't know about national security.  It was so long ago it probably doesn't matter.  That was part of my life as well.)

I took one of my little glass and filigree boxes, a pin I wore to the Marine Corps Ball in 1964, a Calculus book, my marimba mallets, and finally my Bible.  I spoke on all of those things in three minutes.  Probably not very well, but I couldn't pick just one.  I talk fast.

My raccoon is gone.  He escaped through the PVC pipe the exterminator put in the eaves.  "How do you know he used it," I asked.  "Because I filled it with bendable taut twigs so that when he slid down through the pipe, the twigs would end up on the ground," the exterminator answered.  Cool.

We are studying Genesis in my church for the next few months.  It is very, very hard to sit and listen instead of teach.  I have spent over fifty years examining this book in detail.  The reason this book is so important to me is because of my strong belief that the Bible is true.  All of it.  And because the world attacks the faith of our young people by confusing them on the subject of evolution versus "The theory of evolution."  They are two entirely different things.

There are no proven scientific truths that conflict with the Genesis story.  The conflict comes because we have not had scientific explanations of what the Bible actually says.  The first chapter has been taught many times by people who don't know what they are talking about.  Ignoring the age of the dinosaurs is ignorant.  They fit perfectly between Genesis 1:1 and Genesis 1:2.  The rest of the first two chapters are just as clear if you have an extensive scientific background.

I wrote about all of--this from the point of view that the Bible is absolutely and completely true--three years ago when I started this blog.  Maybe it is time for me to do it again for those of you who joined me later?













No comments:

Post a Comment