Friday, September 4, 2015

I have had my days mixed up so these posts have been late.  Sorry.

Angels appear.  "And I saw another angel ascending from the east having the seal of the living God. (I think this refers to the seventh seal--which isn't opened yet.)  God tells the angels not to hurt the earth until "...we have sealed the servants of our God in their foreheads.   And I heard the number of them which were sealed: and there were sealed an hundred and forty four thousand of all the tribes of the children of Israel." Rev. 7:2-4   There were 12 thousand from each of the twelve tribes.

Some evangelists, and some writers, have spent their lives trying to explain those numbers.  If you want to speculate, read what some of them have to say.  There is a current denomination that says that only one hundred forty thousand people will be saved, which is obviously not true because there are any number of Christ's followers that were Gentiles.  Which includes me.  This next verse includes everyone, not just the twelve tribes--which is another way of saying that everyone that is saved is not Jewish.

Rev. 7: 9,12, "Then a great multitude of all nations, kindreds, and people, and tongues stood before...the Lamb...saying:  Blessing, thanksgiving, and honor, and power, and might be unto our God for ever."

One of them said to John, "...What are these which are arrayed in white robes? and where did they come from?"  Then he answered, "...these are they which came out of great tribulation and have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb."Rev. 7:14

The last few verses in Chapter 7 tell us that "...they shall hunger no more...nor thirst...and God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes."

I'm not too sure how I feel about not being hungry.  I love food.  But I guess that if you aren't hungry, it won't matter.  I really like the part about not being sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment