Thursday, March 9, 2017

I have been helping Pat with the design for redoing her bathroom for the last three months.  And today the contractor finished laying most of the tile--it is really pretty.  We tore everything out down to the concrete.  Tub, old shower, toilet, sinks.  All of it.

She lives in a log cabin that a man was building by for his daughter.  He had used odds and ends from other houses he was building, and in the middle of the project, his daughter got a divorce.  So it was sold "as is."  Pat and Tom bought it and 20 acres, and have put up with a lot of stuff that was done wrong.  The builder joined the underground plumbing with duct tape!!!   Little by little they have made necessary repairs.  The exterior is really nice.  That's good.  But inside it needed TLC.

Well, they paid it off last year and plan to take one room at a time and redo everything that needs done inside.  And the bathroom was first on the list.  I'm going to be glad when it is done.  I have to drive 30 minutes both ways when I go out there to help.

I must have done a million-zillion projects like this through the years.  I love the planning.  I hate the execution.  I like to figure things out.  I don't like to do them.  It's like a puzzle to me and I love puzzles.

"Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all of your might..." Ecclesiastics 9:10
   
"Work willingly at whatever you do, as though you were working for the Lord rather than for people."  Colossians 3:23 

Attitude.  That's the most important thing.  Do what you do well--even when you don't like what you are having to do.  


No comments:

Post a Comment