Wednesday, March 8, 2017

My Koi pond is a money pit.  I probably should have had it filled in when I bought this house, but the waterfall is so pretty I just couldn't force myself to do it.  I had it cleaned last week--they do that every spring--and it was four hundred bucks to take the fish out, drain it, and get all the leaves (etc.) out--and clean the main filter.  And I have to have someone clean the smaller filter twice a week on top of that.  I can't do it because I can't take a chance on scratching my hand.

John, my garden helper, has been bringing rocks to fill in the gaps around the pond.  There is a man near Pat's house who is pulling huge rocks out of his fields and piling them by the road for people to take.  They are really pretty.  And free for the taking.  Of course I have to pay John for the labor, but as long as he is willing to pick them up, I can use them.

There are so many things I can no longer do because of the right hand and arm.  But I haven't been in the hospital with it in at least 6 months--praise God.  However, it irritates the goodie out of me to have to hire people to do this stuff I used to do all by myself.  On the other hand, moving to live somewhere that they would do everything for you runs into the thousands a month--and I sure don't want to do that anyway.  I love my house.  I love my yard.  Squig loves our yard.  And it is almost time to start sticking tomatoes in the ground.  I can use gloves and not scratch myself.  I can't wait.

Other than the arm and hand, I am in excellent shape for someone my age. And I have decided that hiring people to help with the house cleaning and the yard is the cheapest thing I can do.  I am content.  I thank God every day that I am still able to function mentally.  (At least I think I can???)  My mom, her sister Ruby, and brother Thurman all had Alzheimer's.  However, none of their children have been cursed with it.  Thank God.

"O praise the Lord...praise him all you people.  For his merciful kindness is great toward us..." Psalm 117:1-2  "I love the Lord because he has heard my voice and my requests.  Because he has inclined his ear to me.  Therefore I will call upon him for as long as I live."  Psalm 116:1-2

However long that is.  I'm planning on at least another twenty.






No comments:

Post a Comment