Friday, March 31, 2017

Before I began teaching this class at my church, the women in the class had decided that they would begin a mission project to build a water well somewhere in Africa.  A very lofty goal.  Since I have been teaching the class, they have made plans for a number of projects that had to be cancelled for one reason or another.

But Saturday, God willing and no rain, they are having a combined garage sale.  Everyone is donating their stuff to the cause.  I told them that they could have it at my house.  Becky--my daughter--had a sale last year at my house--because her homeowner clause wouldn't allow her to have one at her house--and had donated everything that was left over, and there was a ton of stuff.  She  had emptied a bunch of things from her four booths at Edmond Antiques (My favorite place in Edmond) and over half of it was left in my garage.

So.  Come Saturday, hopefully, I will get my garage back.  Whatever is left is going to one of those bulk-sale buyers that come in and put a price on everything left over.  I am pretty stoked because there was so much stuff in there I couldn't even sweep the floor.

It's going to be a "Hallelujah moment" when it is over.  At least for me.  I will never, never, never have another garage sale.  I'll let Becky use my house for one if she wants, but when it's over, everything left over is going to Goodwill or the Hope center.  Someone told me they would even pick it all up.  That would be even better.

We went to see the movie "Facing Darkness" last night--about the doctor who contracted Ebola--and looking at the background scenes, they can certainly use a water well.  So maybe this class of women will do some good.  This is my first experience with a group that took on a project this big.

God bless their efforts.  They are a great group of women.  I'm privileged to be their teacher.  They are teaching me.

No comments:

Post a Comment