Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Even though I hated the loss of my electricity, it came with rain.  Blessed, wonderful water from God.  Oklahoma needs all of the rain we can get.  Last year was a disaster of a drought--and a few weeks ago fire burned up thousands and thousands of acres of grass in western Oklahoma which cattlemen depend on to raise hay for their cattle--many of which were killed in the blazes.

But by the time the electricity came back on, I was so far behind the curve of making breakfast and getting ready and dressed, that I didn't make it to church at 9:30.  Good thing that my class meets after church or I would have missed that as well.  

The garage sale was a huge success.  Becky donated a ton of stuff from her antique booths and one of my class members gave us 30 or so cookbooks that were practically new.  Everyone donated something.  Besides all that, we class members had a blast visiting with each other.  A number of people who came to the sale didn't buy much but made donations to our water-well project.  People can be really good.

We were only open for a few hours, and there was so much stuff left over, that didn't sell, we left it on tables--and we are going to do this again next week.  That will be easy since it is all priced.  Yes, I know, I said I would never, never, never have another garage sale, but this is just a continuance???

Someone asked me where the well was going to be drilled.  To tell the truth, I had never asked the women where it was going.  They had been working on this project for a couple of years before I took the job as their teacher, and I had never thought to ask.  All I could say was, "Africa!"

Someone else asked, "Why don't you help someone here in America."  We had an answer for that.  "We do, we give 10% of our incomes to our church which supports missions all over America--and each Christmas we take up a special offering for foreign missions.  We don't choose Africa over America.  We do both."   Like I said yesterday, we are so blessed in America.  Think how hard it must be to have to tote water for everything that you need because you don't have water in your home.







No comments:

Post a Comment