Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Yesterday I got a letter from the IRS saying that I owe them a ton of money.  That will wake you up from complacency in a hurry !  I called my tax person and they are looking into it.  I hope they dig deep and find no mistakes.  But either way, I'll have to deal with the IRS.  Frustrating.

And on top of that I gained two pounds over the weekend.  It was a bad Monday all around.  But nobody in the family got sick.  Nobody died...so I probably just need to look at it differently.

There are big problems.  There are small problems.  No need to make a mountain out of a mole-hill.  Gaining a pound or two is a mole-hill.  Owing the IRS a ton of money looks like a mountain--which comes with a request by the accountant to fax him the letter.  Which means that I have to figure out where to go to do that.  Which means that I have to get out of my robe and house-shoes and go get dressed, get in the car and drive somewhere that has a fax machine.

So on top of being frustrated, I'm irritated.  Which is counter-productive.

You know, and I know, that life if full of frustrations.  We have to deal with them.  They interrupt our status-quo and reorder the plans for our day.

I just have to turn this tax thing over to God.  I either owe it or I don't.  If I owe it, I have to pay it.  That's a fact.  If I don't owe it, well, that isn't a fact.  I have to prove it.  I have to go back and find my records from the last two years and figure out what happened.  And if you know my personality, you know that that will be like pulling hen's teeth for me.  I hate that kind of stuff.

I never knew how to appreciate some of the things Ken did until he wasn't here to do them.  I never had to think about taxes--in 57 years of marriage.  He did ours, my dad's, my aunt Lucile's, our friends, and everyone else who asked him for help.  Surely I can figure out this one, single tax return.

But I'm going to need God's help because this definitely is not in my comfort zone.


No comments:

Post a Comment