Wednesday, April 19, 2017

I spent the entire morning avoiding going through all of those past tax accounts and bank records because I didn't want to do it.  I've told you before that I get my best work done when I am procrastinating doing something that cannot be avoided.  When I am procrastinating, I use the method of "accomplishing something else that needs to be done."  I stay very busy doing things that absolutely have to be done but that aren't as objectionable as the thing I am putting off.  It works for me. I am definitely not suggesting that you try it.

By noon, I had done every job that I had been putting off for the last week or two.  It all was done within an hour or two.  Finished.  I even cleaned and sorted all the paper around my chair and paid bills.  I copied recipes that I had torn out of magazines and put them into my recipe file, etc. etc., but eventually I had to face going through all those past tax records and do what had to be done.

It took two hours of rummaging in old files.  And when it was all over, I found the copy of the check that I had paid to the IRS.  Who knows why they thought I didn't pay it.  They probably credited it to someone else's account.  Now comes the battle.  They are going to require a bunch of stuff--so this isn't over yet.

But as a reward for finishing all that busy work--just as I finished cleaning up the paper mess I had made in my search for the check--my sister Lisa called and said she was on her way to see me.  Yea.  Because I had finished doing everything I needed to do, I was free to visit with her without anything hanging over my head.

We went out to eat and when we got back she hung a picture and a couple of shelves for me.  She always helps me do stuff when she comes.  So it turned out to be a great day.

Then Jesus said to them, "Give back to Caesar that which is Caesar's, and to God that which is God's..."  Mark 12:17  I was willing to do that, I just didn't want to.  And since I found the check, I don't have to.  That's a relief.

No comments:

Post a Comment