Friday, May 26, 2017

I think I am on an anti-rebellion kick.  I'm sick of senseless rebellion.  It has become entertainment for some groups of people.  People travel from state to state to get in on the action.  One day, two, and then on to the next event.  I can't help but wonder if these people have jobs, or just have too much empty time on their hands. Whatever their goals, their method isn't working.

I am definitely not against demonstrations if they are orderly and have a lasting purpose.  I would love to see a demonstration against child abuse.  Or drunk driving.  Or a dozen other things.

But people can't seem to get into those kinds of things.  They want to demonstrate because "Somebody done somebody wrong."  And after the demonstration, nothing changes.  Except that a number of people who have nothing to do with what is going on lose property--as demonstrators wreck buildings, cars, streetlights, loot and destroy stuff.

Mohandas Gandhi is remembered as one of the greatest protesters of all time.  (Martin Luther King used his principles for the protest march on D.C.)   In 1930, Gandhi led the Salt March in a peaceful protest  of Britain's oppression of India.  60,000 people were arrested.  Where are you going to jail that many people?  Impossible.  Gandhi won.  India gained her independence.   When he died in 1948, the entire world mourned.  I was ten years old at the time.  I remember.

You can't rule a people when most of them disagree with the rules.  Unless you kill all the protesters. Which is happening in the middle East today.  Thank God we live in America.  But we have become too tolerant of silliness, stupidity, vulgarity and violence in the name of free speech.

Where are the great leaders like MLK and Gandhi when we need them?  Where are the statesmen of yesteryear?  I think we are ready to follow someone who has a great vision.  I just hope it is not the anti-Christ.  I wonder if we would even recognize the anti-Christ.  God says most of the world won't.

Getting behind a real cause takes a lot of time.  For some causes, it takes a lifetime.  Find one.

No comments:

Post a Comment