Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Lindsey and Sam are still here at my house.  They are painting the inside of their house and repairing some of the walls.  Sam has to work everyday, so it has taken them longer than they had planned.

When they asked if they could stay with me, I said, "Sure.  Come on."  And then there was a hesitation, and Lindsey said, "We have a cat."  Of course I wondered how this would work with Squig, but it's been fine.  The cat and Squig looked each other over and made friends.  No barking, no hissing, no problems.  Clovis (the cat) claimed the dining room table and looks down on Squig most of the time.  Squig doesn't understand why Clovis doesn't want to play with him.

On Sunday when I finished the lesson, I asked if there were any prayer requests for the week, and one of the women said, "I know this is trivial, but would you all pray for my dog.  He isn't in any pain, but he is eighteen years old and has been sick all week.  I love him.  I don't want him to suffer."

If you don't have a dog, you would agree with her that it was a trivial request.  But if you love your dog like I love Squig, you wouldn't think it was strange at all.  I use the word ACTS to concentrate when I pray.  Adoration, Confession, Thanks, and Supplication.  And when I get to Thanks, I always thank God for Squig.  He is such a sweet and loving companion.  So I didn't think her prayer request was strange at all.  We pray for those we love.

Squig trusts me.  If you feed and water your dog, and hold them when they are scared, they will trust you completely.  Squig is terrified of rain and shakes all over when it starts.  So I hold him.  Or put a blanket in my closet where he can lie down and hide in the dark.

That's what God does for us when we are scared of things we don't understand.  He holds us until it is all over.  "The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want.  He makes me to lie down in green pastures: he leads me beside the still waters; he restores my soul...Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil..." Psalms 23



No comments:

Post a Comment