Friday, May 12, 2017

I would like to have a normal day.  Everything has been nuts for the last couple of weeks.  On the other hand, I don't think I would know what a normal day would look like.  Maybe chaos is normal.  I seem to have always been able to get through whatever comes my way.

I think that the secret is to just take one step at a time.  When I start anticipating trouble, the only thing that is troubled is me.  I get myself in a stew.  And sometimes the thing I am dreading never happens anyway.

I think I told you something last week that seems relevant.  "Worry is believing that God can't do the right thing.  Bitterness is thinking He got it wrong."  Either seems to be a lack of trust.

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths."  Proverbs 3:5-6

When I try to lean on what I understand and know, it doesn't always cover what I need to understand and know.  

I enrolled in a Topical Memory system back in the 60"s with the "Navigators."  It was a new way to memorize for me.  And it was excellent.

What they do is give you a topic, such as the word "Trust," and then give you a few verses on that subject. Instead of just learning a verse, you repeat the topic word first.  That way, when you are in a conversation and the 'topic word' comes up, you automatically think of certain verses.  

It is interesting the way it works.  When I ended the third paragraph  (above) with the word "trust," the verse in Proverbs--along with a couple of others--popped into my head.  Knowing God's word in my mind instead of having to look it up is a big help when I need direction.

You might try it.  It does help.  God's word always helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment