Thursday, February 7, 2019

I got my Mac cleaned up yesterday.  It was a mess.  Craig, Becky's hubby,  did almost all of it.  However I took it to the Apple store--in a mall--for a final look.  The mall thing is difficult for me any more because you have to park a long ways off and walk a mile inside once you get inside the door. 

Nothing on the screen looks the same.  Writing doesn't look like it did before.  I've changed fonts, size, width and depth, and still can't get this Mac-thing like I want it.

I guess I will adjust, but I don't like adjusting.  I want things to stay put.

Besides all that, I had a nail in my tire.  My friend Jeanette came to the rescue and we dropped the car off at Discount Tires.  Then we went to Red Lobster and blew our diets.  I love to blow my diet.  And when I do, I want to eat everything on the menu.  It was fun.  Today I am back on track.   Dull.

And because of the scam, I had to cancel two credit cards.  Which took five (yes, five) hours.  I kept getting put on wait, (with music you can barely stand) then transferred to someone else and put on wait, then finally getting a human I couldn't understand, then asking for another person who could speak English, and going through the entire wait, music, and transfer to another human I couldn't understand.  Over and over again. 

I finally told them to speak one word at a time.  That was interesting.  None of them understood what that meant.  But in their defense they tried.  I think that learning English as a second language must have been done by learning phrases.  Two or three words that go together.  It took waiting until the next day to get it all done.  

I was so tired from all of it, I fell in bed to take a nap and didn't wake up until the next morning.

A friend of mine in St. Lewis (Gale), asked me to write another story about growing up.  So tomorrow, if I can get this Mac to agree, I'll try.  God willing and the sun comes up.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment