Wednesday, June 30, 2021

We are under water.  And it is going to rain for two or three more days.  Good news is that I could turn my sprinkler system off.  Water rates here are really high.  In Pryor, they were very, very low.  I got spoiled.

W.A. Graham, a bachelor who was a zillionaire--or mill, or bill--left his wealth to Pryor, Oklahoma.  After the lawyers got through fighting over what he meant, there was still enough left for the city to buy most of their own utilities.

When you couple that with the Mid-American Industrial complex south of the town, (built in WW2 and ceded to the state by the feds) the town was rated as one of three of the cheapest places to live in the U.S. by Parade Mag.  (I think it was Parade...)

Sometimes when both my daughters are working and I need some help, someone to drive me for a procedure, I wonder why I moved to Edmond.  It is the most expensive per-capita berg in Oklahoma.

But then, if it is an emergency, they come to my rescue.  And I have friends who help.  And it is a lovely place to live.  But...I miss home.  I miss Pryor.  Every now and then I threaten to move back.  


No comments:

Post a Comment