Monday, April 24, 2023

Mondays are the longest.  Or maybe Saturday.  When you have nowhere to go, nothing to do, and aren’t cooking for someone, you end up inventing things to do to fill the time.

I think that’s why people decide not to retire.  2020 and the pandemic taught everyone that working from home is lonesome and just that--work.  If I could go back to the classroom and teach math again, I would do it in a heart beat if I didn’t have to drive to get there.  But just two days a week.  Another thing we learned is that we need more time for doing nothing.  

The only problem for me with being retired and not cooking is: What am I going to eat today.  It usually ends up being shredded wheat or rice krispies.  Cheerios for a change.  

My Sunday class has turned into a discussion group in a number of ways.  It is interesting.  They have all been Christians for years, and nobody hogs the floor.  I just direct traffic.  

No comments:

Post a Comment