Thursday, April 13, 2023

The cleaning ladies come today.  I always dread it because of the noise...but am glad when they leave because the house is clean.  But it forces me to pick up everything that is out of place and put it where it goes so that they can dust.

Paper is everywhere.  And when I pick it up, I stack it, only to have to re-sort it later...which sometimes doesn't get done.  This new generation just takes a picture of it and keeps it on their phone.

Yesterday I called Carolyn (who is my right hand editing authority when I write) and told her to sit down because when I read her the text I just got she was going to faint.  The text was from my first publisher who said, "I'll be at your house Tuesday with your book."  Three years...and maybe this is going to happen.  She also said that she was bringing the draft for my web page for my approval.  I've been disappointed so many times I'm afraid to hope it will happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment