Tuesday, April 18, 2023

 Today, something is supposed to happen that is humongous.  My publisher is coming to the house for lunch with the first book.  The one she signed a contract on three years ago.  I am anxious.  Unsettled.  Is this really going to happen?

And what does it mean?  Are we going to print?  Are we just approving something?  Are we just having lunch?  She said she is bringing the layout for my web page.  What does that mean?

There are three ways to publish.  You do it yourself on Amazon.  You hire someone to do the editing and legwork to publish. (I don't need an editor--I have Carolyn Brown who is an expert.) Or third, by some miracle, a publisher reads what you wrote and says they want to publish it.  Which is what happened to me three years ago.  And from what I understand doesn't ever happen to first time writers unless you are already famous.

I have learned that in publishing, patience is critical and I don't have any patience. I am anxious right now.   

No comments:

Post a Comment