Thursday, August 10, 2023

When I married Ken, every day when the newspaper came, he would do the crossword.  I had never done one.  He did it in ink.  “Always do what you do in ink.  You will make very few mistakes that way.”

That’s true.  And now each day as I do the crossword puzzle, I do it in ink.  And the cryptograms, the Ken-Ken’s, the Suduku, etc.  All in ink.

It is interesting the things we remember.  I was married to him 57 years, and there are a some things he said (like that) which come back to me. Of course, he was so smart he made very few mistakes.  Like his check-off list for landing.  “You make the list in your head so one thing comes after another and you never land wheels up.”  He came in once and the tower told him to lower his wheels, and he said “I did.”  The tower said, “Sir, your wheels are not down.”  Ken said, “I only did that once.”

No comments:

Post a Comment